Last Updated on
Whether you are looking for an electric razor for shaving head or head shaver for bald head, this post is for you. When it comes to head shavers for men they are divided into two categories, that is rotary and foil. A rotary shaver has three to four heads that are round which move in circular motion on your face contours.
For a foil shaver, it has blades which are covered with a thin curved piece of metal foil, which is to glide over your face. Foil shavers are not as powerful plus they are less harsh on the skin. This is ideal for men who have sensitive skin or those who are prone to have rashes after shaving. Rotary shavers on the other hand, are best for men with thick, coarse hair on the face; men who require a bit more strength while shaving.
Best Electric Shavers For Shaving Head
In today’s market we have a variety of products that you can choose from; hence, choosing the best electric shaver for men can be difficult. As a result, it is important to understand the features of the electric shaver for men that you want. We are going to look at top five products that you can choose from:
|Pitbull Gold Shaver|
|Philips Norelco 1150X/46 Shaver 6100|
|Bald Head Shaver,2 in 1 Professional|
|PHILIPS NORELCO SENSOTOUCH 3D|
1.Pitbull Gold Shaver – The Best Head Shaver
Pitbull Gold Shaver is a high-end electric shaver for men which is extremely popular with the consumers. It is among the best selling products for shaving on websites which has thousands of positive reviews. Not to forget it’s hard to beat performance.
Its design is of a gunmetal that is grey in color, which looks great against the silver and blue parts of the handle. It is a premium electric shaver that offers excellent performance with its stunning quality. It is also expensive but it has key features which offsets its costly price. The electric shaver is very flexible and it is able to move around the contours of your face, the shavers come together with an alcohol based cleaning plus charging dock.
This enables it to kill germs with a single button
- is a wet dry electric shaver for men.
- Has an active loft that is able to capture the flat lying hair, which can cause issues on places like the neck and jaw.
- Have about 10,000 micro vibrations which are used to capture thus ensuring a clean plus smooth shave every time.
- It has three trimmers; two of them are known as” OptiFoil”. The other one is within the two trimmers which are known as the “ActiveLift”. OptiFoil trimmers allow the electric shaver to cover more of the facial hair with a few strokes. Whereas for the ActiveLift, it cuts the short plus the in-grown hairs.
- It is budget friendly
- It has personalization modes
- It contains automatic cleaning and charging dock
- Has a solid built quality
- It is flexible plus it has a pivoting head.
- Absence of the Wet and Dry Technology
2.Remington XR1400 – Remington Best Head Shaver
The Panasonic shaver has made for itself a name by providing some of the finest shavers that are available in the market. Although they tend to be expensive, the cost of its price is put off because; of its great performance plus its value for money.
The XR1400 was customers favorite shavers that was in the market, however, at the moment we have the XR1400, which is an upgrade thus dethroning the XR1400 When it comes to the XR1400 by Panasonic it is especially made for people who prefer to have an extremely clean plus close shave.
Most people tend to complain that a manual shaver does a better job, but with this electric shaver the game plan has changed. When you shave with this shaver, the shaving comes out natural, extremely close, making up for the skin which was smooth on touch plus the shave is even all round. Shaving with XR1400 is super-fast thus you are able to save on a lot of time.
- It comes with a cleaning station, which is used to remove hair after shaving and then cleaning the blades at the push button.
- It is super-fast and easy
- It has a protective cover used by individuals who do not have to put back the shaver in the cleaning station.
- It also has a leather travelling pouch
- The display is excellent as it gives all the needed information
- The cleaning station is a great addition
- Shaving with ES-LV95 is simple, fast plus easy.
- The operational noise can be a nuisance in the beginning
- Sensitive skin might feel the harshness at the beginning
3.Panasonic Bald Head Shaver 2 in 1 Professional
Panosonic yet again has some of the best models there is. For the Panasonic model Arc 4, it is almost the same as the Panasonic arc although it contains 4 blades at the head plus it does not have a charging dock. This model is able to provide an extremely close shave, however, it lacks the comfortability.
- It comes without a cleaning plus a charging dock
- It has a single trimmer at its head
- The shaver contains the linear 14,000 CPM dual action motor which is very powerful.
- It has 4 blades in the electric shaver, which is able to provide a close shaving experience as its advance plus sharp enough.
- It provides forty minutes of battery life on a single charge battery backup. The blades of the shaver are durable, sharp plus they are able to pivot at an angle of 300 in any direction.
- LED panel available to keep you updated with the battery and motor speed.
- Extremely low prices as compared to other high tech shavers.
- It comes without a cleaning plus a charging dock therefore, the reason why its price is considerably low
- It is not that very comfortable
Wahl is an American brand of an electric shaver plus a choice that professional barbers go for. The electric shaver for men uses Dynaflex Cutting system, which helps the shaver to be able to reach and stick to areas that are harder such as the jawline and the neck.
Dynaflex also provides flexibility to the shaver thus preventing any kind of a cut or burn. The Hypoallergenic foils are used to give a close plus smooth shave; it also acts as an antimicrobial protection against bacteria.
- It has Hypoallergenic which is very beneficial for individuals with sensitive skin
- There is a pop-up trimmer which is helpful in trimming mustache and the sideburns.
- It has along battery life therefore it is more appropriate for travellers.
- It is travel friendly as it has a long battery life
- It is easy to clean
- Hypoallergic Foil Heads which made Wahl the best electric shaver for men with sensitive skin
- It is budget friendly
- It is also easy to design
- Wet&Dry feature is missing
- It has high vibrations
- Its heat up is only for a few minutes
- It is only good for hairs of stubble length.
5.Panasonic Arc 4 – Panasonic Arc 5 Head Shave
This is a versatile shaver from one of the best manufacturers of electric shavers in the market. It is a foil shaver that is mostly used for face shaving but performs incredibly well as a head shaver. It has several wonderful features including pivoting shaver head, pop-up shaver trimmer for the mustache or burns, as well as LCD display that helps you use the device in the best possible way. It is waterproof, so you won’t have issues using it in the bathroom. See More Review On Panasonic Shaver Here.
Value: (4.6 / 5) Features: (4.5 / 5) Durability: (4.7 / 5) Performance: (4.5 / 5) Average: (4.6 / 5)
- Buffalo horn toggles
- Handy LCD readout
- Truly versatile shaver
- You can’t use the shaver while it is charging
6.Braun Series 9 – 9290CC Electric Foil Razor
This is consistently ranked as one of the best head shavers in the market and there are several good reasons for that. It is a foil shaver with five shaving elements: four cutting elements and one Skinguard. The shaver has so many great features including two specialized trimmers with titanium coating. The innovative SyncroSonic technology with 10,000 micro-vibrators captures more hair in every stroke. The intelligent autosensing motor also guarantees efficiency.
Value: (4.8 / 5) Features: (4.3 / 5) Durability: (4.4 / 5) Performance: (4.5 / 5) Average: (4.5 / 5)
- It comes with a travel case and cleaning station
- Sonic engineering is top quality
- It is a wet and dry unit
- It offers 50 minutes run-time on a single charge
- It is pricey
7.Remington HC4250 – Pro Self-Haircut Kit
This is an affordable head shaver that comes with so many impressive features. The 14-piece kit has all you need for smooth head shaving and proper maintenance of your head shaver. It has a clean ergonomic design that lets the clipper fit comfortably in your hand and let you reach all parts of your head with ease.
The stainless steel blades, which are extra-wide curved, cut hair strands easily and smoothly, ensuring that you get clean shaves without pulling and snagging. The fact that it is highly versatile is another thing to be happy for.
Value: (4.7 / 5) Features: (4.8 / 5) Durability: (4.4 / 5) Performance: (4.0 / 5) Average: (4.5 / 5)
- Perfect ergonomics for head shaving
- It is an affordable head shaver
- Comes with everything you need in terms of accessories
- Battery life is relatively poor
- The combs are really short.
8.Philips Norelco Click and Style Electric Rotary Shaver
This is the perfect head shaver for individuals who are on a budget but want to get a reliable head shaver from a trusted manufacturer. It has everything you need in a head shaver and sells for a very reasonable amount.
It is a comfortable all-in-one grooming device that will let you take care of your head and facial hairs too. Using it is as simple as the name: you just need to click and style.
Value: (4.7 / 5) Features: (4.3 / 5) Durability: (3.8 / 5) Performance: (4.3 / 5) Average: (4.3 / 5)
- It is a very versatile shaver with three interchangeable attachments for complete grooming.
- It is showerproof
- It has just two rotating heads and will take time when being used for head shaving.
What To Look For: Buyer’s Guide
Before buying any head shaver, there are some important factors you need to consider before making a decision. We will discuss these crucial factors so that you will be in a better position to make an informed decision while shopping:
Comfort and Grip
How firmly you can grip the head shaver and how comfortable it feels to use will influence the overall experience you will get using the device. It will also determine the outcome of your shaving. When the head shaver offers a firm grip and is very comfortable to use, you can reach every part of your head comfortably and shave off every strand of hair. You need an electric shaver that has an ergonomic grip and handles design to make your shaving experience more enjoyable.
While shaving your head, speed is one factor that will matter so much if you are in a hurry. Without sufficient cutting power and adequate coverage area, you will not be able to shave as fast as you would love to shave.
Sufficient cutting power will also ensure that the device trims efficiently without pulling your hair and this helps to prevent bumps and irritations. The coverage area is also important in determining the speed of shaving. The coverage area will also determine how well the device shaves. With adequate coverage area, you will avoid missing spots on your head as you shave.
The Power Source
Depending on how you plan to use your head shaver, you need to think of power source while buying. If you are always on the go and there are chances you may not always connect your shaver to electricity, you should certainly invest in portable shavers.
If, on the other hand, you are always close to home, you can trust entirely on plug-in head shavers. Also, if you are conscious of your energy bill, you should consider opting for rechargeable head shavers with strong battery.
This is specifically for rechargeable or cordless head shavers. You need to consider how long the battery can last before needing recharging or replacement. The last thing you will want to experience is running out of battery while you are still shaving. Consider how frequently you will need to shave your head and the possibility of the battery capacity being enough for your need.
The price of head shaver should also influence your decision. If you are on a budget, the price should be the most influential factor in your decision. Even if you are not on a tight budget, you need to make sure that the price you are paying for any particular head shaver is worth it.
There are some accessories that come with head shavers and you need to check the ones included in the device you are buying. Ideally, you should get enough accessories that should help you care for your new head shaver.
The Floating Head
The floating head and flexible coils allow the razor to follow the contours of your face, creating a much closer shave. Did we mention the razor can also read? Well, read your beard density, that is. Braun refers to it as their “smart razor,”
since it can adjust itself to truly smooth even the roughest of beards. Don’t worry; this razor has plenty more to offer. The unique blades have been proven to do more in one stroke than others can do in two, which makes shaving less time-consuming. Along with its autosensing technology, the razor is equipped with 10,000 microvibrations to ensure every hair is taken care of in one stroke.
With this option, you also get a Clean & Charge station. The 4 action alcohol-based charger cleans and lubricates your razor when needed, while also charging it for the next round. There is one thing that may stop you from clicking that “add to cart” button: the price. The 7865cc is pricier than many competitors, but it seems to deliver on its promise of efficiency and quality. With the Braun Electric Shaver, you definitely get what you pay for. You have five incredible options of electric shavers at your fingertips. You’re undoubtedly going to end up with a quality shaver, but there are a few things to keep in mind when you become an avid user.
Things to Keep in Mind when Using Electric Shavers
Trust the Manufacturer-
Most companies provide specific guidelines and suggestions when it comes to caring for the product. Following those guidelines can help maintain the life and quality of your new electric shaver.
Give it Time
Did you know your skin needs time to adjust to an electric shaver? It can actually take up to a few weeks, and have a significant impact on your shaving experience. Many men have found they even get a closer shave once their skin has become accustomed to the shaver.
If you get slight irritation at first use, it’s worth it to continue with the product. Once adjusted, the chance of irritation or razor bumps diminishes. Also, be sure to try a wet shave (if product allows you to do so) before deciding whether or not you like it. You may get a closer, smoother shave when doing so.
Choose the Right One
It seems obvious, but many end up purchasing a shaver that doesn’t work well for their individual needs. For instance, you may want to avoid the Braun Series 3 if you have dense or long facial hair. Finding the right one for you is going to change the game.
Show it some Love- I don’t mean serenade it, but simply take care of it. Electric shavers require more TLC than traditional razors. If you purchase a shaver with a cleaning station, then it’s much easier. However, if you don’t, be sure to do the following:
- Clean after every use
- Replace the blades when needed (Not doing so results in dull blades and poor quality shaves.)
- Lubricate the foils after cleaning – You can skip this step if yours comes with a clean and charge station.
- Don’t overcharge- Only charge when needed, or you may run the risk of actually decreasing the overall battery life.
The Perfect One
The task of choosing the perfect electric shaver can be an overwhelming one, particularly if you’ve never used one before. However, you have an amazing list to choose from with these top-rated options.
Regardless of your decision, investing in an electric shaver is a decision you won’t likely regret. The above are just some of the electric shavers you can chose from to do your shaving with. There are so many electric shavers for men that you can decide on. To ensure that you pick the best for yourself check its specific key features before you decide on which one to get.