A close shave for a bald head is hard to come by. Keeping that close shave is not always easy and you want to get it done without all the nicks and scrapes. The good news is there are some great shavers out there to help you get this close shave.
The best shaver for bald heads is the Pitbull Gold PRO shaver. It includes three parts that move around to provide a close shave and can get a close and accurate shave each time. It is small and can go along with you. And it also includes self-sharpening blades so it can last longer.
If you are looking for a good shaver for sensitive skin, the Andis 17150 Pro Foil Shaver is a good option. For a good shaver head, the Braun Pulsonic Series 7 is a good option. And the Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor is good to help you get that close shave too.
The best shaver for bald heads is the WMARK Easy Head Shaver. It includes three parts that move around to provide a close shave and can get a close and accurate shave each time. It is small and can go along with you. And it also includes self-sharpening blades so it can last longer.
In this post, we will review the best electric shavers for head shaving, including rotary vs foil, pricing, and features.
Best Electric Shavers For Bald Heads
Philips Norelco 6880/811 hour (and quick 5 minutes for quick shaves)50 minutes
|Shaver Name||Time to Charge||Time for Use|
|Skull Shaver Pitbull Gold PRO||1 hour||90 minutes|
|Braun Pulsonic Series 7||Depends on the base||Depends on the base|
|WMARK Easy Heady Shaver||3 hours||60 minutes|
|Philips Norelco MG7750/49 Series||1 hour||5 hours|
|Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor||1 hour||45 minutes|
|Andis 17150 Pro Foil Shaver||1 hour||80 minutes|
1. Pitbull Gold PRO – Best Head Shaver (Overall)
The Pitbull shaver for bald heads is the gold standard for shavers out there and one of our favorites on the list. It has pivoting blades that are flexible and can provide multidirectional shaving, ensuring you get that close shave that you need.
It also works for wet or dry shaving, helping you to use it right after the shower, or even if you don’t have any shaving cream to help make shaving easier.
This shaver is also cordless, making it easy to take around on a big trip with you or use at home. The battery life lasts for 90 minutes, which helps you to use it after a quick USB charge no matter where you are.
It also has some special features like a cordless USB rechargeable battery, and LED indicator, can work both while plugged in and not, and one of the closest shaves that you will ever have. If you want an amazing shave to help keep your head shaved, then this is the right razor for you.
- It can work with a cord or without depending on what you would like.
- It provides the closets shave on the list, with multidirectional shaving to get all the hair.
- Works with wet and dry shaving.
- Will last for more than 90 minutes on each full charge.
- It is mostly just the head which makes it harder to hold while shaving sometimes.
- The price is higher than some of the other shavers on our list.
2. WMARK Easy Head Shaver – Cheapest Electric Shaver For Bald Heads
The WMARK Easy Head Shaver is one of the best options for bald heads. It is a three-headed rotary shaver that will help you choose the right speed and design for you. It can even be used to change to different parts of the body based on how you use it.
The body is waterproof so you can wash it right when you are done. You should not soak it, but washing it down is fine. The battery lasts for a long time and it comes with some extra blade replacements to help you get the most out of it.
The automatic grinding technology help to make sure the blades are always sharp. The blade is 0.14mm so it provides you with a precise and clean shave each time.
These sharp blades and the close shave will make sure you get all the hair shaved off right away. This works the best on bald heads if you use it daily.
What We Like
- It is easy to clean the shaver when you are done, as long as you don’t soak it in the water.
- The battery can last more than an hour, making it easy to use the razor each time.
- There are three replacement blades so you can use this product for longer.
- The blades will self-sharpen so they are always ready to go.
- It has a precision cut function, along with a few other functions, to make sure your shave is as smooth as possible.
What We Didn’t Like
- You will need to use a trimmer if you have long hair as this shaver will not be able to handle it.
3. Phillips Norelco 6880/81 – Best Cordless Shaver for Head Shaving
You will love the comfortably smooth results without having to worry about getting the shave nice and close. You can protect your skin with the ComfortGlide rings to prevent friction and easily get all of the hard to reach areas as well.
Since this is a cordless shaver, you can take it anywhere that you want. And it works to shave your head, whether it is wet or dry. The blades will gently capture the hair for a smooth shave you will love.
- Easy to take on the go.
- A quick charge ability that makes it easy to get a shave in quickly, or charge it for a full hour to get it to last.
- ComfortGlide Rings to help get the hair without irritating the skin.
- The Skin Guard mode will help the shaver adjust to a lower rotational speed to get a gentle shave.
- The LED display will tell you all the relevant information you need to get the most out of the shaver.
- The battery charge doesn’t last as long on this as some of the other chargers.
4.Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor – The Best Shaver for Sensitive Skin
The best shaver for sensitive skin is the Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor. This one comes with a 5-blade option and is also cordless, though it is best known for helping out on sensitive skin. The blades and thin foil on top allow the razor to closely follow the skin, giving you a close and comfortable shave each time.
This shaver works wet and dry with a trimmer built into it, helping you to get the shorter hair or even work on your beard or mustache. The pivoting head will trace out the contours of your head while adjusting to the density of your hair on different parts of the body.
The motor is a thing of wonder, offering 14,000 cuts per minute while still maintaining its power, even when the battery is almost done. The LCD battery indicator will let you know quickly how long the battery has left to go.
- This is a great razor that is designed to give a good shave while being careful about your sensitive skin.
- The lithium-ion battery is easy to charge and maintain.
- The head can move around and adjust to how much hair you have on your head.
- It can do up to 14,000 cuts each minute to help you get that close shave.
- Works strong no matter how long you use it for.
- The price point is a little higher than many of the other options on our list.
5.Andis 17150 ProFoil – The Best Head Shaver for Black Hair
The Andis 17150 ProFoil Lithium Shaver is one of the best to help with that close shave you need if you have black hair. This shaver will give you the closest shave that you could dream about, though some parts of it make it harder to use.
This raver can provide a close shave because it has some of the thinnest foils on any electric razor out there. It is designed to remove the stubble and difficult hair while doing fades as well.
This works the best on really short hair is a good one if you need to shave each day to make it work. It is easy to change these around if you need to replace them to keep your hair nice and short.
- This is a great shaver to use if you have short hair that you want to shave off each day.
- It provides a close shave, even for darker hair.
- The battery can last for more than an hour on one charge so you know it is good to use every day.
- It is small and easy to take with you when you are traveling.
- It does cause a few more nicks on the head than some of the other shavers and is harder to use.
6. Braun Series 7 – The Best Shaver Head for the Money
The Braun Pulsonic Series 7 70S shaver head is one of the best for the money. Braun is a name that you can trust and is the official electric shaver of the NFL. It provides a 25% better shave compared to other shaver heads and with the proper maintenance, it will give even better results.
It fits on many of the Braun razors so you can easily replace what you need without having to spend the money. This shaver head is small and compact and can be switched from one device to another depending on your needs and the power you need.
In just 18 months, this shaver can shave more than 6,000,000 hairs. It can do this by getting a close shave that you are sure to love. You will need to replace it every 18 months to get the maximum performance each day.
- It comes from Braun, one of the leaders in shavers and shaver heads.
- It can last up to 18 months while still giving you the best performance that you need.
- It provides a close shave that will leave you smooth and feeling great.
- It is only the head, so you need to have the base in place. This one works with the Braun Series 7.
The Special Challenges of Shaving Your Head Bald
If you decide to go for the completely bald look, you will find that there is a bit more work. You need to find a good shaver that can get rid of all the hair, giving you a smooth and shiny head in the process.
Many of the shavers out there are good for shaving your hair short, but may not have the precision to shave all of the hair off. There is a difference based on how much hair you would like to shave off.
If you just want to get shorter hair, finding a shaver with a good guard of the right length is beneficial. However, if you want to shave your head completely, you need a shaver that can get nice and close, without nicking the head and tearing the skin.
The good news is there are a lot of great shavers that can fit the bill and give you a fantastic look when you are done. And we will take some time to explore some of the best of the best in this article!
Nothing is better than a good shave to make sure the head stays smooth and bald. Finding the right shaver to help you, one that will get a close shave that looks amazing can make your day so much better.
Rotary Vs Foil Head Shavers
When it comes to head shavers for men they are divided into two categories, that is rotary and foil. A rotary shaver has three to four heads that are round which move in a circular motion on your face contours.
For a foil shaver, it has blades that are covered with a thin curved piece of metal foil, which is to glide over your face. Foil shavers are not as powerful plus they are less harsh on the skin.
This is ideal for men who have sensitive skin or those who are prone to have rashes after shaving. Rotary shavers on the other hand, are best for men with thick, coarse hair on the face; men who require a bit more strength while shaving.
Head Shaving Numbers and Head Shaving Lengths
All clippers will come with guard sizes that are meant to help you get the best look each time. While each brand may have some slight variations, there are a few similarities that you will notice including:
Number 0 or 0.5 Guards
This is the smallest guard to use. This is the clipper blade to deliver a close cut. It is a good one for the bald cuts and really short buzz cuts because it gets nice and close.
Number 1 and 1.5 Guards
These are a little bit bigger and allow for a buzz cut. This will be slightly longer than a bald cut. This can help if you want your hair really short you still want a little hair in place.
Number 2 Guards
This is the choice that is the most common. It will cut the hair nice and neat with minimal scalp exposure to worry about. This is a good one to look nice for a special occasion while leaving the hair short and full.
Number 3 Guard
This is a good option if you need to make the hair a little shorter without cutting it all off. This one will leave your hair around 3/8 inch long.
Number 4 Guard
This is a good option to use for ½ inch and is best for a long buzz cut with the skin fading on the sides. This one looks good on those with any type of hair.
Number 5 Guard
This is a good clipper to use for tapering or layering when you use it with some other guards. You can usually use this and the #6 guard interchangeably.
Number 7 Guard
This is one that works together with the guard 8. It is good for a bushy crew cut for those who have a lot of thick hair. You can then use a lower guard number to help trim the sides and the back.
This guard will not get a very close shave. It is good for trimming some of the tips of your hair or to make it a little more manageable. If you want a close shave or a bald head, you will need a lower guard number.
The Best Way to Shave Your Head for Chemo
It is often recommended to shave your head before chemo. This helps you to protect your hair and can avoid some of the hardships that come from watching your hair fall out. Shaving your head can also promote healthier regrowth when the hair comes back.
If you only have a little hair to start with or are almost bald, you can simply use a razor to help you shave. If you have a full head of hair before the chemo treatments, using shavers is a better option.
The steps you can use for this include:
- Take your hair and clip it in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Then start on the sides of the head where any sideburns grow. You can put the clippers against the skin and let them move up to the crown of the head. You should make a few passes to reach the area behind the ear.
- It is best to move from the top of the head to the bottom. You can start by putting the clippers at the top by the forehead and glide them to the crown of the head.
- When the top of the head is done, start on the back. You should go from bottom to top here. Place the clippers at the nape of the neck and move to the crown.
- If there is a little hair left, using a razor can be a good way to get the rest of it gone to look nice.
- Use a little aftershave on the head to avoid issues with stinging and dryness. This is common after the first time shaving your head.
What is the Best Bald Head Shaving Kit?
The Philips Norelco MG7750.49 Multigroom Series 700 is the best shaving kit to use for your bald head. Whether you plan to use it just on your head or for your face and body, this kit has it all.
This shaver is a good deal for the money, providing you a lot of different sizes and types of shaver heads so you can pick the hairstyle. Whether you want to trim a bit off the top or shave your head bald, this is the right razor for you.
This kit comes with 23 pieces for all of your needs. The DualCut technology provides maximum precision and the blades are self-sharpening.
The cutting guards have been reinforced with some ultra-strong fiberglass material to help you get the even trim you are looking for. The battery can offer 5 hours of run time, blowing the other options out of the water.
If you are looking for something that gives you everything you need in one location, then this shaving kit is the best choice.
- The battery can last for 5 hours for every charge.
- There are 23 pieces available so you can choose the length that you would like for your hair.
- The DualCut helps you get the best precision while the blades stay sharp.
- The cutting guards are strong enough to prevent any buckling or bending.
- It is a bit smaller than some of the other options so may take longer to shave your head.
- You may not need this many blades, so seems like a waste.
Finding the right shaver for your needs can make you look and feel amazing. The right shaver will ensure that you can maintain the bald look you want, without cutting or nicking your head, and without leaving a lot of hair behind.
All of the shavers on this list can help you meet that goal. They are designed to provide you with options and help you get the great look you want. Choose the one that helps you get the look that you want!