The Philips Norelco 3100 review – Multigroom Trimmer & Waterproof Shaver is a newer model in the Norelco 3000 series. The shaver is also marketed under Norelco PT724/46. Which is a quality budget line of shavers introduced by Philips Norelco to provide a quality shave at low prices?
It a good starter shaver for folks who are new to the business of electric shavers. It features a newly-designed shaver head and a new color scheme and promises to deliver a quality shaver, despite its reasonable price tag.
The Norelco 3100 is definitely an affordable option. It is a classic rotary shaver, encased in a sleek black plastic housing. A unique feature of the Norelco 3100 is the fact that the rotary head is part of the entire shaver and not a separate part like many other models.
Another unique property of this shaver is its price, which is exceptionally low for a rotary shaver. Typically, rotary shavers are priced much higher than this. There is no denying that it can be very expensive to invest in a quality electric shaver. But the Philips Norelco 3100 really bridges the gap efficiently. Providing a close and comfortable shave for so much less than other models.
Norelco 3100 Review Feature
The 3100 features a classic three-cutter rotary blade system, entitled the Comfort Cut Blade System. The rounded profile allows the blades to glide smoothly over the face and provides a close and comfortable shave.
4-Direction Flex Heads can tilt and depress to follow facial features closely. As with other rotary shaver heads, the 4-Direction Flex Heads can maintain close contact over even the sharpest of facial features, which is essential to providing a close shave.
The Philips Norelco 3100 Review is only for dry use. This does not have to be a drawback, as it allows the razor to function even when plugged into the charging cord. Since it does not require the safety feature which makes this function impossible with other shavers meant for both wet and dry usage. This is a handy feature of the Philips Norelco 3100.
The Philips Norelco 3100 features a pop-up trimmer for sideburns and detail work. Many budget shavers do not have this feature, so the 3100 is out ahead of the game in this regard. Also, the 3100 is waterproof and perfectly safe to be cleaned under running water, despite the fact that it is a “dry”-use the only shaver.
The Philips Norelco PT724/46 shaver is rechargeable and cordless. The handle is crafted from a slip-resistant, grip-able material. which reduces the chances of the shaver being accidentally dropped during use. Its ergonomic design flows with the angle of grip and makes usage extremely comfortable and natural-feeling. Also, You may checkout Norelco 5700 Shaver for more Ideas.
Pros And Cons
- The 3100 is efficient at cutting coarse or difficult hairs, including hairs that lie in opposing directions or hairs that lie flat against the skin.
- Philips Norelco promises quick shaving times with 3100.
- Reduces the amount of pressure needed to apply while shaving, as well as the likelihood of razor burn and other skin irritations.
- Powerful motor.
- Unit is fully washable under running water.
- Ergonomic, comfortable, and natural grip feel, with striations in the rubberized grip to reduce the likelihood of accidentally dropping the unit.
- The 3100 is an extremely affordable option among rechargeable and cordless electric razor models.
- The position of the trimmer switch makes it easy to accidentally trip while shaving.
- The unit is quite a bit larger than most electric shavers and is a bit bulky. You may need to adjust to using it.
- The Philips Norelco 3100 can only be used dry, which could definitely be an issue for some users.
- There is no travel lock on this shaver. This could be a problem for men who frequently travel, and are hoping to invest in an electric razor that is crafted with an eye toward traveling needs.
- The Philips Norelco 3100 is a bit loud during operation.
- It can cause flare-ups in individuals who are prone to ingrown hairs or razor bumps.
- There is no cleaning brush or travel case included with the Philips Norelco 3100.
- Philips Norelco 3100 shaver
- Protective cap
- User’s manual
- Charging cord
Additional Features of Norelco 3100 Review
- This razor features a 4-Directional Flex Head, which can pivot in four directions: left to right, and back and forth. This technology improves the razor head’s ability to closely follow the contours of your face, particularly in areas like the chin, the shelf of the jaw and other areas that can be problematic when shaving.
- Within the rotary blades are three smaller rotating blades, which continually flex and float independently, allowing the 3100 to adjust to your unique facial features and planes. These “Flex and Float” blades are designed to cut more hairs with a single pass, reducing the need for multiple passes over the same area. This reduces the likelihood of this shaver causing skin irritation, bumps or ingrown hairs.
- Philips Norelco promises a “66% closer shave” with the 3100, when compared to other brands in its class, making the Norelco 3100 a safe bet among affordable electric shaver options.
- The materials are lightweight and high quality, with an eye toward comfortability and ease-of-use.
- The shaver is ergonomically weighted, very comfortable to handle, and crafted of high quality materials.
- The Norelco 3100 comes with a compact charging stand, attractively crafted of matte black plastic.
Charge Time and Battery Life
Charging the Philips Norelco 3100 fully takes from six to eight hours. This is pretty long charging time, but since the shaver can be used while plugged into the charging cord. it is not a huge problem. A full charge should provide about forty-five total minutes of use.
When it is time to recharge, the unit plugs into the charging cord so the lithium ion battery can recharge. It does take around eight hours to recharge fully, but it provides around forty five solid minutes of shaving time when fully recharged. Which equals out to somewhere around one full week of shaves.
This is very comparable to many higher end shaver models, a fact that is important to consider when weighing electric shaver options.
The Charging Unit
The charging unit (as part of the charging cable) is on the smaller side, which does make it pretty travel- and storage-friendly. When the unit’s battery is low and needs to be charged, the LED readout will alternate blinking from orange to green. After being plugged in to charge, the LED readout will blink green continually, until the shaver is fully charged. The charging cable can be plugged directly into the shaver and then into the wall.
If your shaver’s battery is depleted, there is a three-minute quick-charge option. This option will provide you with enough power for one full cordless shave. After you charge up your razor, it will also hold power for up to two weeks.
The Philips Norelco 3100 comes standard with a 2-year warranty, as well as an extended warranty card that can be registered on Norelco’s website. Adding an extra 6 months to the 2-year warranty. Additionally, the razor comes with a 45-day Money Back Guarantee.
Cleaning and Maintenance
The 3100 is waterproof and can be opened and cleaned under running water. It features a “One Touch Open” operation, making cleaning the unit simple and mess-free.
This is a very convenient feature for a dry-use only electric razor to have, and probably explains why there is no cleaning brush included with the Norelco 3100 Review.
However, some users have reported that it is not all that easy to clean, and the advertising makes it sound simpler than it really is.
You may need to take the shaver apart completely every couple of days in order to clean it properly, instead of using the easy-open option every time. But that seems like pretty small fries, in light of all of the other low-cost and high quality properties of the Philips Norelco 3100.
Good Starter Shaver
The Philips Norelco 3100 Review new electric cordless shaver is a high quality, efficient, and reasonably priced electric shaver option. It is an excellent “starter” razor, for men who are new to the concept. It is very simple to operate, clean, and charge.
The 3100 is also comfortable to hold and to operate, and crafted from quality and ergonomic materials. It is sleek and stylish, and really does not have the look of a budget electric shaver at all. The Philips Norelco 3100 really provides that close and comfortable shave that you are looking for, all very quickly and efficiently. It is an excellent option for men looking to save time in the morning, while also saving money.