Last Updated on
The Philips Norelco 3100 shaver has a unique design that separates it from the rest. It has three circular blades and griping handles that come in parabolic shape.This electric shaver is also quite affordable, well-built and easy to use.
Before Buying The Norelco 3100
Modern-day electric shavers come with different features and specifications. Some are just too complicated to understand while others are too basic to meet your shaving demands. Not all men have the same type of hair and skin.
It is for this reason that you should pay close attention to the kind of shaver you purchase.
Whether you decide to go for comfort or speed, ensure what you have in your hands meets the specified standards. Above all, ensure the shavers in use do not inconvenience your skin.
The Pros & Cons
- The ergonomic extension handle for back shaving help you reach all parts of the body
- It has different combs that help with the trimming of desired lengths.
- It has a battery that can last for close to an hour. No worries about being interrupted by power supply.
- It has self-sharpening blades
- It comes with a cleaning brush
- Compared to other shavers, it is noisier and can cause quite a discomfort.
- Not recommended for all hairs. Doesn’t specifically augur well with thick hair and sensitive skin.
- At times you might be forced to do multiple passes to achieve require shave.
Why Philips Norelco 3100?
It has three circular blades and griping handles that come in parabolic shape. These features that also act as the company’s brand make the electric shaver quite distinctive from the rest.
The three circular blades and a parabolic shaped gripping handle is the company’s brand. But nonetheless, this product is quite different than any Norelco shaver.
Aside from its inexpensive price, this shaver is well-built, easy to use and clean as needed.
You want to know more about this amazing product, then continue scrolling and get comprehensive details about it.
This type of shaver is specifically recommended to men who may want to remove back hair but are unable to do so. It meets requirements for all your body grooming needs.
Philips 3100 can deliver to your required standards, ensuring prompt performance and efficiency in the process
Battery Life and Charging
- The shaver operates on a lithium-ion battery that can last for close to 45 minutes or 15 shaves in total.
- It has a plugin option that only allows a few cordless electric shavers incorporation.
- To obtain full charge, the battery should be in power for 8 hours. However, there is an option for a three-minute charge to be used into few shavings in case of any emergency.
- It has a battery indicator at its surface to help caution with the remaining battery percentage.
Able to get to hard-to-reach spots
Shaving your back can be quite a nightmare if you are using the regular razors. You might end up not even shaving at all.
Philips Bodygroom has an ergonomic extension handle purposely made for this. The handle which is about 15 inches long enables the groomer to get to those difficult to reach areas with a lot of ease.
Good Choice For Lengthy Shaves
Philips BG3100comes with three removable blades that allow you to trim your hair at a preferred length. To achieve the desired results, one may need to do up to three or four passes.
Protects the Skin
The Philips Norelco Bodygroom 3100 has a shaving foil made of hypoallergenic that is easy on the skin. You don’t have to be worried about the skin irritation
The tips of the shaver are also made with patented pearls that calm the skin.
Philips Norelco 3100 has a battery that can last for up to 50 minutes. This should ensure you do the whole body shave before you do the recharge.
It comes with a charging stand and an extension cord.
Wet or Dry Shaving
You can use Philips 3100 for both the dry and wet shaving. But how? Well, the shaver is waterproof. Did we mention you can as well use it in the showers too? Yes, you got it right.
Quite Easy to Maintain
The blades can sharpen on their own.
All you need for cleaning are kept in the head. Just open the head and use the cleaning brush to remove loose hairs. You should then be able to run it under tap water and air dry before storing it.
Not at all. The instructions for its use and cleaning are out rightly forthright and easy to follow for most of the users.
The most interesting part about it is that the head opens easily for cleaning. It is however recommended that you use hot tap water while doing the cleaning.
How Does it Work
- It has a blading system that ensures smooth and wide-angled shaving. The blades can move in multiple directions and curves to provide a wide range of coverage of the face.
- It could irritate your skin if you apply too much or unnecessary pressure.
- It’s not recommended for people with sensitive skin and thick hair. It usually causes patches and burns on some users hence the advice.
- The shaver has a pop-up trimmer to help with accurate and neat trimming.
Philips Norelco electric shaver 3100 might look quite expensive for those buying it for the first time. However, with time, one can appreciate the price tag considering the many unique features it comes with.
You could still just buy a new head to replace an older one, at a relatively affordable price.
Enjoy an incredible shaving experience by using the Phillips Norelco electric shaver 3100. Less facial skin irritations and burns.
Rotary or Foil Razors?
Any razor that is worth buying must be made up of a series of blades in linear form.
It is the linear blades that shave in left to right and up and down movements.
If you have short and fine hairs, then foil razors are the perfect match for you.
The razors can cut the short hairs and shave the flatter areas of the face. Additionally, the trimmer can help with styling your facial hair.
The rotary razors are composed of three circular cutting heads in a triangular structure. You move the razor slowly in a circular motion.
It requires patience and regular practice to achieve the desired kind of shave. If you have thicker and longer hairs, then the rotary razor is tailor-made for you.
More than just shaving your long hair, rotary razor can access the more curvy areas of the face to give you a smooth shave.
What to Look For In the Best Electric Razor Reviews
You should be able to understand each electric shaver by constantly reading guides and seeking opinions of some of the best razor experts. We sample a few of those important aspects to pay attention to.
Dry or Wet Shaving– Some people prefer shaving while in the bathtub or when taking a shower. You should know that not all razors support wet shaving. If you are not into a close shave, dry shaving will be recommended.
Auto Cleaning and Charging System- An auto-cleaning shaver saves you the headache of having to regularly clean it. The cleaning and charging are automatically done.
Two things you need to carefully pay attention to. The cost of the electric shaver and the long term costs of maintenance. The most expensive electric shaver in the market is not necessarily the one with the utmost quality. Ensure you do a deep research.
Prices of some of the best electric shavers should range from $35 to as high as $350.
Costs of Maintenance
You must get to know how often you may need to replace the blades and at what cost. Do also ask for the cost of cleaning the cartridges.
If you are always on a journey, the best type of razor to go for would be the one that comes with a rechargeable battery. This will save you the hassle of carrying the auto cleaning and charging systems.
We now have a comprehensive understanding of what to look for in an electric shaver before purchasing it. We now sample some of the best shavers in the Philips Norelco 3100 series.
- Mostly made of plastic to make it light.
- Wrapped up with a grained rubber material at the top half of the interface. The rubber improves gripping.
- It has a power button and the LED indicator light for low battery levels. Just below the rubberized area is a button for opening the head.
- At the rear end of the shaver is a pop-up trimmer that is easily open through a one-click switch.
Philips Norelco Bodygroom Series 3100
Shaving the facial hair is just one part of the whole grooming process. Yet still, removing the body hair is just as important.
Some of the areas with hair on the body might be difficult to reach. You might not able, therefore, to get the desired results if you use the regular shavers.
The Philips Norelco Bodygroom 3100 series is uniquely made to make body grooming easier and enjoyable.
Unique & Affordable
The answer is a definite yes. It is quite affordable and comes with unique features to help you get to those difficult to reach areas on your back. With the inclusion of the three trimming combs, you can choose your preferred trimming length.
Philips Norelco 3100 Bodygroom series 3100 is the right choice if you are looking for Bodygroomers that tick all the boxes.