Last Updated on
It’s so hard to tell which electric shaver you should purchase. There are so many kinds to choose from! The Wahl Lifeproof Electric shaver is a quality electric shaver at an affordable price. This shaver comes in several color options, including black, green, orange, and yellow. Wahl has provided a great option meant for routine shaving. This particular shaver will probably not be optimal if you have a full-grown beard.
- Up to 90 minutes of shave time per charge
- Foil style razor great for stubble or routine shaving
- Lithium Ion battery with quick-charge feature
- Waterproof up to 1 meter
- Travel-friendly with travel bag included
Shaver Performance Review
The Wahl Lifeproof shaver is designed to be used for routine shaving and works most effectively on stubble that is no more than approximately 3 days’ growth. Of course, this could vary based on your hair growth. The shaver also includes a pop-up trimmer that could come in quite handy if you do grow out the facial hair too long and then just need to trim up, it’s a good option.
However, I don’t recommend relying on this shaver for full hair growth. It is designed to work best with stubble. However, let me clarify that you could potentially trim down the beard with the trimmer to a length that is short enough to then use the shaver to complete your shaving job. Since this shaver is designed to work best for stubble length hair, it would also be a great leg shaver option if that is what your needs for a shaver are… or if your wife steals your shaver a lot.
- Shave wet or dry, fully submerge the razor and it continues to work just fine. Because of this, it’s super easy to clean.
- It’s called Lifeproof because it truly is life-proof. The shock proof design helps it uphold through the drops and falls of life.
- Perfect for keeping up with shaving every few days, with a trimmer for longer facial hair times.
- It never takes 90 minutes to shave, but the battery would last that long. This means it doesn’t even have to be charged for every use!
Battery Life Review
The shaver has a lithium ion battery that charges through a 120V plug in. A full charge only takes about an hour and you can also quick charge in 5 minutes when you desperately need to shave and have limited time.
The battery life is really great. You can shave constantly for about 90 minutes, but it probably won’t take you that long. You can charge it every 2-3 shaves instead of every shave or you can just plug it in and charge it shortly before you know you want to use it. You don’t have to worry whether this razor will hold a charge through your whole shave. It delivers every single time.
Thick Hair, Don’t Care
There is no hair too thick and coarse for this shaver. However, it’s not a problem. This shaver works great for thick or coarse hair as well as fine or thin hair. I think this shaver would be fine for hair that has coarse or varying textures and thickness due to ethnicity as well. It appears to be a versatile shaver that would work well for any type of hair.
It feels as though it is capable of delivering a close shave every time, no matter the hair type. The foil-style blade is actually quite ideal for working with coarse hair textures, but does not reduce the effective nature of shaving for hair that is more fine or thin in nature. This razor never leaves behind razor burn, rashes, or skin irritation. It feels smooth and fresh every time with no negative after-shave effects.
Pros & Cons
As with any product, there are good things and there are bad things. The question typically is whether the good outweighs the bad in the end! In this case, the pros seem to outweigh the cons for the purpose of this review.
Let’s break those down in specific detail:
- Quick-charge option with a lengthy lasting charge
- Foil-style blade works consistently well with multiple types or textures of hair
- Reasonably priced shaver that is comparable in quality to expensive brands
- Shock proof design that makes the shaver a “life-proof” tool
- Comes in a bundle with shaver, charger, cleaning tools, cap, and travel bag
- Easy to use wherever (including the shower) and to travel with
- Waterproof up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
- Seems to work better for thick or coarse hair
- Hard to get replacement foil blades when needed
- The blade does not seem to last long, with the foil tearing
- Recessed blade design may not give you as close of a shave as you desire
There are several neat features about this razor that are not necessarily the features that you look for when you are purchasing a shaver, but they are features worth mentioning nonetheless. This Wahl shaver has a no-slip rubber grips up each side to give you a steady hold while shaving. No slipping and no dropping while you’re working on your face.
This shaver includes a travel lock option so when you pack it away you don’t have to worry about it accidentally getting turned on and running down that freshly charged battery. When charging, there’s an LED light so you know when it’s charging and also when the charge process is complete. No guessing games as to whether it’s finished or whether it is even really charging.
Good Quality For The Price
Overall, this shaver is a good quality for the price. It’s great for various hair types, but it also primarily works best on stubble length hair. If you purchase this shaver, it may be beneficial to plan ahead and purchase replacement foil headers considering the notes that the headers can be hard to find or wear out quickly. We recommend this shaver as a suitable product, particularly if you have a strict budget to work with.